Please say lots of prayers for our favorite Hermana. She was super sick this week! But you know Emily - always positive!
97.1, 101.9, 102.2, 103.1--no, these aren't radio stations unfortunately....these would be my temperatures on Wednesday
in order...I got sick AGAIN! but I'm determined for it to be my last
time getting sick on the mission because it just stinks. the toilet and I
are straight homies now because I was throwing up allllllll Wednesday(talk
about a sneaky ab workout--blessing in disguise!) at one point woke up
with my head in the toilet! turns out I passed out or something haha
luckily our mission doctor happens to be in our ward so he was able to
help me out BIG TIME and prescribe me medication and tell me what to do
to get my fever down and my stomach more settled. he got super nervous
though because I was showing signs of appendicitis..so he had me go
into his office to get some blood work done...AND I had to get a CT
scan...in order to get the CT scan I had to drink two huge containers of
this nasty silly-putty textured rotten berry "smoothie" haha it was
fine though and everything worked out and I am all healthy and ready to
go and my appendix didn't rupture and life is good!! but being sick like
that did mean I was on house arrest for four days...no leaving the
apartment-doctors orders...
on the bright side I
got to check out the family history site (super cool) and get some
solid studying in!! I was reading in Mosiah and can I just say ABINADI
IS A BEAST!!!! he is such a solid disciple of Christ and definitely an
example to strive to follow. his unwavering faith and strength found in
his knowledge of the gospel blows my mind. the church is true
because Abinadi said so. other reasons too of course...but he sold it
for me! (like re-sold it..because I already had a testimony and all but
like you know what it mean...)
oh! we did teach
this one lesson with an African American lady named Brandy. she saw us
emailing last week, asked if we were missionaries, broke down crying and
asked for us to stop by and pray for her. so of course we stopped by
and taught her, her cousin Mercedes, and little son named King. they
LOVED everything we taught them about Joseph Smith and the comfort we
can find in the scriptures! Mercedes even asked for her own copy!! I
wish to the high heavens they spoke Spanish so we could continue to have
lessons with them, but we will graciously turn them over to the English
speaking missionaries...
yesterday we were
FINALLY FREE!!!!! while I was sitting in church it hit me that everyone
in the ward (other than most of the missionaries) were converts--first
generation converts--how cool is that? their testimonies and inspiring
stories encourage me to work hard to bring more souls unto Christ and
continue to strengthen my awesome ward!
I feel
so lucky to be a missionary and LOVE and appreciate my opportunity to
ride a bike and go out and preach!!! being sick for four days straight
really re-charged and re-committed me to this work! it really is so
important and there is a reason I am here! being a HEALTHY missionary is
the BEST!!!
love you all as much as
Argentinians love their mate (think"ma-tay" - one of the hermanos in our ward is from
argentina and drinks it ON THE DAILY..he's obsessed)
paz y bendiciones,
hermana hull

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.